Buffer or Hootsuite for social media management?

nivlek2005

Does anybody use paid versions of Buffer or Hootsuite?
I am looking for a best social media management to manage multiple social accounts, which are best tools for social media management?
Buffer or Hootsuite?
All your recommendations are appreciated.

Nytshade

I'm just wondering, how do you end up having too many accounts that you end up needing a social media management tool like hootsuite? What the heck are you doing with so many accounts? hehe... :DD:

The only tools I invest in are tools that make my marketing a lot easier, not posting. Tools like Circloscope, Tweet Attack Pro, Facebook Blaster Pro, Tumbling Jazz (Tumblr bot) or any other software that will automate the marketing process, not posting.

The best thing is that some of the tools I mentioned can also automate your posting, account creation etc. which I don't use, but I do automate DM, inbox or private message people to connect with them, build a relationship, invite them to a fan page, group or offer them a freebie.

I bet there's a lot I don't know about hootsuite, but I don't see why marketers would need a tool like that and hope you guys can share some light with me.

nesito29

A while back I asked myself the same question and did a little research, I found this:
On one hand, we have Buffer. Buffer is good if you want to manage from 1 to 4 social media profiles and up to 10 if you want to get the "awesome upgrade" which is worth $10/month or $102/year saving 15% and on the other hand we have Hootsuite, Hootsuite supports 3 social media profiles for the free version and upgrading to PRO you get the massive increase to up to 50 social media profiles (remember in both this includes profiles, business pages, and groups) the upgrade costs $9.99/ month and if for some reason you need more than the 50 profiles that they offer you can add 10 extra for an extra $10/month.

The biggest difference in the free version lies not in the fact that buffer gives you the extra profile but the AWESOME app directory that comes with Hootsuite. They currently offer 143 apps from which 77 are free to use (some have a monthly price, this will vary from app to app). Among the apps, you get YouTube, Analytics, Tumblr, Evernote, just to name a few.

Now let me tell you what Buffer gives you in terms of social media profiles:
Twitter
Facebook (supports profiles, pages, and groups).
Google+ (only supports Google+ business pages).
LinkedIn (this includes profile and pages only).
Pinterest (This feature is new and you can try it for 7 days, after that in order to continue to use it you need to upgrade).

Now let me tell you what you get with Hootsuite:
Twitter
Facebook (supports profiles, pages, and groups)
LinkedIn (this includes profiles, groups, and company pages).
Google+ (Google+ Pages only, not profiles)
WordPress
Instagram

Now if you see even when you can link one more profile with the free version on Buffer, what you get from Hootsuite in terms of variety outweighs that one less profile. In terms of upgrades, Hootsuite is hands down the best by far.

Now I've used both and the one I still use and recommend is Hootsuite, that App directory is just too good not to use it.
Hope this information helped you and that you choose the one that suits your needs best. :)

Blessings,
Jonathan Nunez

Dean

I've used both of these services and prefer Hootsuite over Buffer for the most part. I think that Buffer is better for beginners to this kind of things as their interface is better setup for those new people but overall I like Hootsuite for my own needs and uses.

I started using my own self-hosted software for doing my post and Tweet scheduling and no longer use either of these and I am exploring new software to do further and more extended things on the social media sites.

As for the topic of the question I would say that if you are new then use Buffer and if you are a more season social media veteran then go with Hootsuite.

Cheers, Dean.

Storm

I haven't used these types of services before but was looking at them not too long ago and it seems like hootsuite has more advanced features than buffer does. I am not certain that they are much better but from an outsider and newbies view they seem like it.

ulterios

Buffer was the first one of these types of services that I ever used and I liked it, especially how easy it is to get things setup and going.

However, if I was to pick one to use myself then I would choose HootSuite because of the features and the control panel.

I would use my own scripts on my own servers though before using a service these days. ;)

Maria Marketing

I have been thinking about doing automated posts because I do not post enough but do not know which service to use. I am new to this so maybe buffer is best I guess. I will probably try them both and see which one I like best and just cancel the other one.

ulterios

I have been thinking about doing automated posts because I do not post enough but do not know which service to use. I am new to this so maybe buffer is best I guess. I will probably try them both and see which one I like best and just cancel the other one.
Well if you are not posting and Tweeting enough then this should give your social accounts some needed boosting and help to draw more followers and friends. You just don't want to over-do it like many people do and post hundreds of times per day, that can be seen as very spammy! ;)

Maria Marketing

Well if you are not posting and Tweeting enough then this should give your social accounts some needed boosting and help to draw more followers and friends. You just don't want to over-do it like many people do and post hundreds of times per day, that can be seen as very spammy! ;)
I would never over do my posts. I see that many people seem to do that or at least they do in my mind. I do not want to be one of those people that nobody wants to follow because of a lot of trash posts.