Best way to decline a freelancing job?

animeshe14

Well, I've been applying to jobs in various freelance websites. However my concern is, what if I was awarded more than 1 job and I am only a solo freelancer. What is the best way for me to turn down the other job?

RDO Servers

Be honest with your customers. Let them know your situation has changed and it will either take you longer then initially promised, or you will not be able to do it at all.

Idealy, have a team of other freelancers that you can share the workload with.

Dean

This is something that you would have to think about which option is best for you and your needs at that time. Whichever you do not choose would be one that you want to be professional about turning down the job just in case the time ever comes that you would like to get a job with them.

Be honest and tell them that you have received another job offer and you must take that one at this time. Then also tell them that you appreciate their consideration of you for the job and that you hope that you might be able to work with them in the future.

Always make sure to let the one that you do not choose know that you are going another route and don't just leave them hanging as that can get a bad reputation for you that you won't want. People tend to appreciate honesty and good communication and if you show that it can. help you stay in the good graces of everyone.

Cheers, Dean.

matteomatt

Hustle hard and make it happen, finish all the jobs!

Or outsource.

Now for serious answers, it ok it is a legitimate concern. Always be honest and professional when you do things. Also speed is key, don't waste their time. If you can't and will not be able to accomplish their work, let them know why and do the best you can to tell your side. How they react is up to them as long as you do your part right.

ulterios

I would say that the best thing to do is to try to figure out which job you wanted to take and that best fit what you want and need and then let the other know that you would like to thank them for their consideration but you have to decline them at this time.

Be honest and respectful and most people and companies will understand that this is a business decision and most will respect that.