Backlinks from profile?

Adrianhenry

I have reports from a SEO company sent me PDF file where backlinks source from profile on different websites. I would like to know backlinks from profiles consider as spam links or not?

Can any one advise me?

PTTed

I have reports from a SEO company sent me PDF file where backlinks source from profile on different websites. I would like to know backlinks from profiles consider as spam links or not?

Can any one advise me?

If you have a profile link on a forum and you never actually participate in the forum, then the backlink looks spammy and it is probably worthless.

If you get the profile page indexed, then the link might pass some value to your site, but the link itself still looks spammy.

If you participate on a forum quite a lot and you have a profile link pointing back at your website, that looks like a natural link.

If you are hiring SEO companies that build forum profile links, then you shouldn't be having them point those links at your primary website that you are trying to make money with. If you do that you are flirting with disaster. You are very much at risk of getting your site penalized by Google Penguin whenever they run the next iteration of it.

If you insist on using those types of links they should be used as Tier 2 or lower links that point to other places that already link to you.

In my opinion, I wouldn't bother using those types of links at all. They are unnecessary, usually worthless at best, risky at worst and certainly not worth spending money on. There are much better ways to promote your website. And much more effective SEO tactics. One decent link from one decent website is worth more in terms of rank boosting power than hundreds and even thousands of profile links. You don't need anywhere near as many links as you think you do in order to get good rankings. It is much more about quality than quantity.

nesito29

If you have a profile link on a forum and you never actually participate in the forum, then the backlink looks spammy and it is probably worthless.

If you get the profile page indexed, then the link might pass some value to your site, but the link itself still looks spammy.

If you participate on a forum quite a lot and you have a profile link pointing back at your website, that looks like a natural link.

If you are hiring SEO companies that build forum profile links, then you shouldn't be having them point those links at your primary website that you are trying to make money with. If you do that you are flirting with disaster. You are very much at risk of getting your site penalized by Google Penguin whenever they run the next iteration of it.

If you insist on using those types of links they should be used as Tier 2 or lower links that point to other places that already link to you.

In my opinion, I wouldn't bother using those types of links at all. They are unnecessary, usually worthless at best, risky at worst and certainly not worth spending money on. There are much better ways to promote your website. And much more effective SEO tactics. One decent link from one decent website is worth more in terms of rank boosting power than hundreds and even thousands of profile links. You don't need anywhere near as many links as you think you do in order to get good rankings. It is much more about quality than quantity.

I disagree with you, the links work and can be high quality links but, only if you juice them up, otherwise they remain orphan pages with little to no value to SEO. In this case what you need to do is place your name on as many pages of forums as you can, basically participate, that way there is a back-link on many pages within the forum empowering your profile page and giving it importance in the forum.

Add people already established on forums as friends (the top people on the forum), comment regularly, use tools within the site. All of this will empower your profile giving it importance and being a great link for you.

Hope this helps you :)

TCoder

Profile links on forums are almost worthless, in order for your profile to get any sort of page rank, people need to link to it. If you bought a profile, no one is going to link to it. If you never log into that site with your profile, google won't ever see the link to your profile page, unless it's finds a link to all members and then crawls your profile page.

Even if it does crawl it, the amount of page rank will be so little it won't make much of any difference in terms of ranking. You want to go after good strong backlinks with relevant anchor text that can pass page rank juice or backlinks that will provide traffic to your site. Anytime your backlink is on a page with 100's of other links (you will need a tool to see this) then those links aren't worth much in terms of SEO.

That's why people start PBN's because they control the links and pass the juice accordingly.

If you have a strong content marketing strategy rather than an explicit link acquisition strategy, then the links will come. They will be stronger, healthier, and more reputable than you could possibly guarantee by engaging in some not-so-sure-if-it’s-gonna-work link building strategy.

Content marketing is SEO, and it’s a very powerful and transformative way of doing it.

A systematic process of getting a good link profile deserves a series of its own. But the answer that you may be expecting isn’t as much a how-to guide to gaining those links as it is a how-to guide to creating and unleashing a killer content marketing program.