Are web hosting affiliate programs good?

JennyJ

I'm pretty new at affiliate marketing but I have seen a lot of people that are marketing web hosting offers. Are web hosting affiliate programs good to market?

Traveler

You are seeing many people use web hosting affiliate advertising because many of them pay very nice commission rates.

Dean

Traveler is right. You see so many web hosting affiliate advertisements because they pay so well. There is also a big demand for web hosting more and more because everyone wants to have their own website or blog site and they all need some kind of web hosting for them.

As for if they are good or not, that depends on what you consider good. They have good commissions on many of them as stated before but if you don't get your affiliate advertisements in front of the right people or don't get enough traffic to see your advertisements for those services then you might not do so well.

ulterios

If you have the right traffic coming to your website or blog or if you have a good targeted email list then web hosting affiliate programs can be very profitable.

If you don't have the right traffic coming to your website or blog or if you have a good targeted email list then you will probably not get many conversions.

JennyJ

There is also a big demand for web hosting more and more because everyone wants to have their own website or blog site and they all need some kind of web hosting for them.
That is why I thought that they might be good but I just wasn't sure if they were.

They have good commissions on many of them as stated before but if you don't get your affiliate advertisements in front of the right people or don't get enough traffic to see your advertisements for those services then you might not do so well.
That is what I have been trying to figure out. I'm just not so sure how to do that though.

Catherine1

They are real good for their commission rates but sometimes the sales are hard to come by. I have only had 2 sales in a couple of months.

KeralMTG

They can be quite good for making affiliate earnings. You just have to find the best affiliate programs that are going to sell more.

Storm

If you like high commissions then web hosting affiliate programs are good if you can get the right people to see your ads.

JennyJ

Hosting is an industry that is here to stay, I remember when many of the hosting companies used to pay affiliates on a monthly recurring basis but now there is barely any such company that offers such commission structure.
They would pay you every month for just being an affiliate?

JennyJ

They will pay you ever month, only if you generate sales for them. If it were so easy as registering and getting paid, then hosting companies won't need affiliates.
I figured that you would have to get sales but that's basically meaning that you are just an employee rather than a contractor.

Then I guess it's probably better for the affiliates that they get paid for each sale so the more sales then the more money they make, don't you think?

Marcos

Back when I used to do affiliate marketing some years ago the web hosting affiliate programs could make you some good money if you can generate sales.

The rates might have changed from years ago but they are probably still good for making good money if you can make the sales.

JennyJ

Back when I used to do affiliate marketing some years ago the web hosting affiliate programs could make you some good money if you can generate sales.

The rates might have changed from years ago but they are probably still good for making good money if you can make the sales.
Some of the web hosting affiliate programs have very nice commission rates that they pay their affiliate for sales. That's one reason I thought about marketing them. They just have nothing to do with the niche of my blog.

Marcos

Some of the web hosting affiliate programs have very nice commission rates that they pay their affiliate for sales. That's one reason I thought about marketing them. They just have nothing to do with the niche of my blog.
I do not think it matters much these days for which types of websites you put up web hosting affiliate ads. I see them everywhere myself on all types of websites covering many topics.

JennyJ

I do not think it matters much these days for which types of websites you put up web hosting affiliate ads. I see them everywhere myself on all types of websites covering many topics.
I just did not know if it would look inappropriate to have them on my blog since it is a fashion and beauty blog.

ulterios

I think it would be ok to have them on a blog in your niche, or most for that matter. People put them on every niche there is from what I have seen.

If I was going to put them on a niche like yours though, I would put no more than just one per page or in the sidebar and I wouldn't put multiples. ;)