Are keywords still effective?

David Ewen

Are keywords still effective? Should greater attention be put on phrases instead of keywords for SEO?

pcullum

Are keywords still effective? Should greater attention be put on phrases instead of keywords for SEO?
Always be effective because it is the most important part to know your websites on search engine results

You should do both if you can include keywords or long tail keywords into your articles, it will be more benefits for rankings on SERPs.

Mark007

Keywords are more effective compared to keyword phrases. Keyword phrases are similar to long tail keywords which have less number of searches and are helpful to rank your website faster in search engines. But ranking high priority keywords will always help to generate good traffic and increase your business sales as they have greater number of searches.

David Ewen

I agree and can see doing both. What I was concerned about a single keyword is buried in the mix of an abundance of same use key words. For example, if I was looking for Laundry Services through the web and searched just "Laundry", then the SERP (Search Engine Results Page) would be incredible. Now if I had used that keyword in website with an internal search engine, that would make better sense and provide more relevant results.

Always be effective because it is the most important part to know your websites on search engine results

You should do both if you can include keywords or long tail keywords into your articles, it will be more benefits for rankings on SERPs.

Dean

Keywords are very effective and help the search engines know what your website is about. You can't just throw keywords all over your site tough or at least not do that and expect it to have a long-term positive ranking.

Keywords are probably going to be effective into the future until Google and the other search engines decide that they are bad on not being used.

Cheers, Dean.

EmailGGG

META Keyword tags have been useless for a while now. but some tags is still playing a big part in SEO. CMS like wordpress is a good news where you can update these tags yourself. Thats why tags still Matter.