Are country code domain extensions good for SEO?

Maria Marketing

I read a few articles in the past couple of days that said that a country code domain extension can help the SEO for your website. I have also found one that said that the country code domain extensions do not help SEO.

Which is it? Are country code domain extensions good for SEO or not?

Dean

A country code (cc) domain will have an SEO benefit in the country that the country code domain extension is for.

So if you use a .co.uk country code domain the you will get a slight rankings boost in the UK. Everywhere else it would just rank as if it was any other TLD domain.

KeralMTG

If you are only wanting to have traffic from one country then these can be good for seo but if you want traffic from everywhere then it is better to use a TLD.

Catherine1

I have read things that say that country domains are both good and do not matter for seo. I was actually thinking of getting one myself just to check it out.

Traveler

I saw on some blogs that they are good for local SEO for the country they are for. I don't know if having one might actually hurt your rankings in other countries though so you should check that out if you decide to use one.

Raeann Bell

I believe It is totally depend on your targeted country, First of which country you target according to your business, Otherwise TLD are very useful. If you are only wanting to have traffic from one country then these can be good for seo.

ulterios

Unless you absolutely want to target a specific country then I would not use a country code domain extension for a site.

There is a slight SEO benefit for the country that the extension is for but other than that there is not any kind of SEO benefit.