Are backlinks from free blogs effective?

surferz

I have set up some subdomains on free blogs like blogspot or wordpess and keep posting articles with backlinks on them around two months.

Are backlinks from these blog platforms effective?

elcidofaguy

The problem here is that you have created new sites which on day one have zero authority, zero traffic and do not rank on the serps. Backlinks from such sites are weak.... It will take time for you to grow your tier 1 sites which done correctly over time will provide beneficial link juice... One approach to strengthening your tier 1 sites is to create tier 2 sites which provide backlinks to tier 1 overtime as well as sending other signals e.g. social shares, bookmarks etc... and again rinsed and repeated with tier 2 and perhaps tier 3 level.

With that said done wrong with G detecting unnatural link building and you'll find such links will be discounted or worse could contribute to a penalty e.g. penguin....

The best links you can get are from well established sites which are ranking, have traffic and possess a level of authority/trust - ideally on the home page.... My recommended approach with getting such links is either through guest posting or that you develop a PBN with purchasing old domains which have great metrics plus with resurrected content and valuable backlinks which for sure provide much more link juice than what you are doing currently...

Hope that helps!

surferz

or that you develop a PBN with purchasing old domains which have great metrics plus with resurrected content and valuable backlinks which for sure provide much more link juice than what you are doing currently...
Heard more about PBN but I didn't understand a bit more about it

how to build from old domains, does it require high traffic or more visitors to be worth for backlinks?

elcidofaguy

how to build from old domains, does it require high traffic or more visitors to be worth for backlinks?

With PBNs you are looking for websites/domains for sale which already have what you are stating e.g. great quality backlinks, gets traffic and has authority/ranking indicators e.g. MOZ DA/PA, Majestic CF/TF are some third party metrics which can help with assessing a domain for sale... A few years ago PR would of been relevant - but its no longer updated and has not been for a few years now so dont bother with that...

PBNs is similar to what you did above with web 2.0 like Blogspot and Wordpress, but you've to grab the customize domain for your PBNs blog. The expired domain is great ways for doing PBNs backlink, for more information you can check...

[Moderator Note: Link Removed - Self Promo Is not Allowed]

Last edited by a moderator:
how to choose expired domains are good for PBNs blog? I am afraid of some domains could get banned from google before?

Thanks for your question man, actually I have provided that information in the above link. However, it was marked as self promotion...

Okay, it here....

You can use expiredomain.com to check domain information such as backlinks and authority as well as the social signal.

SEOMoz provided useful tool about the domain, you can use it...

If you worry about banned domain, you can use Sanbox to check if the domain banned...

I hope it help...