Amazon or Clickbank?

LLRhodes

Who is your ideal customer?

What is their biggest challenge?
Which has the product(s) that is the BEST solution?

Maybe start with one then add the second.
Too often we put things in either/or, when they can be both. Start with one add the second.

KeralMTG

I want to start with affiliate to expand my income, and now there are 2 options for me:
  • Amazon Affiliate
  • Click bank product launch
What are the advantages and disadvantages of each solution? Please give me some suggestion
Amazon affiliate program does not pay very well so you must have lots of sales to make decent money. Clickbank has many more opportunities to make larger sales and earn more money.

I have done much research on this and it is a lot easier to make good money with Clickbank than with Amazon.

You can also do other affiliate advertising like with CJ Affiliate or Shareasale.

ulterios

Clickbank is definitely going to make more money than you would make with Amazon. Unless you have a large volumne of traffic to an Amazon site, you are not going to make as much as is possible with Clickbank. ;)

Dean

Out of these two options, Clickbank for sure. You can make a lot higher earnings, easier, with Clickbank than you can with Amazon.

Amazon has a much smaller amount of revenue that you can make per sale versus most of the Clickbank products. Clickbank has always been a real good option for ease and amount of potential earnings that you can make. This one is an easy choice in my book, Clickbank!

Cheers, Dean.

LLRhodes

clickbank would be your best shot
Not sure what you mean by "proper."

You can sign up for an affiliate account here:
https://accounts.clickbank.com/public/#/signup/form/key/

Make sure you read about being an affiliate.
Clickbank has some unique rules to prevent misuse.
One involves sales, you have to have 5 sales to unique accounts and 2 or 3 have to have a different payment source before they release any payment to you.

Muzzamil

I want to start with affiliate to expand my income, and now there are 2 options for me:
  • Amazon Affiliate
  • Click bank product launch
What are the advantages and disadvantages of each solution? Please give me some suggestion
Clickbank, any day of the year. Amazon barely pays anything in commission. On clickbank, you can choose products that pay up to $200 per commission and are easier to sell. Good Luck!

vishwa

Clickbank is certainly works great compare to Amazon. However Clickbank have thousands of products and most of them are highly saturated. The big problem with clickbank is to choose a right product because most of the have very high refund rates which will drastically impact your sales and commission.

Storm

The big problem with clickbank is to choose a right product because most of the have very high refund rates which will drastically impact your sales and commission.
I've never used Clickbank myself. Are the refund rates really that high? How long after purchase do buyers have to request a refund?

I'm just curious if dealing with Clickbank is worth it if you keep losing money to refunds. :Think:

TCoder

Clickbank for sure, but you have to be smart about it in the beginning. Since they do have policies in place that are a little restrictive. You have to make sales from 3 different people in order to get paid. You're account is subject to dormant charges. Meaning if you don't make a sale in a while, they start to siphon any cash siting in your account out, via dormant fees.

The best why to prevent this from happening, is focusing on selling products that have a "recurring" commission element to it. That way your account will never never go dormant. Then expand, from there and sell anything you want to sell.

Ben

Clickbank for sure, but you have to be smart about it in the beginning. Since they do have policies in place that are a little restrictive. You have to make sales from 3 different people in order to get paid. You're account is subject to dormant charges. Meaning if you don't make a sale in a while, they start to siphon any cash siting in your account out, via dormant fees.

The best why to prevent this from happening, is focusing on selling products that have a "recurring" commission element to it. That way your account will never never go dormant. Then expand, from there and sell anything you want to sell.
Clickbank takes money from your account if it doesn't have any sales for a while? Seems like a scam there. One way for them to get more of the sale I guess.

ulterios

Clickbank takes money from your account if it doesn't have any sales for a while? Seems like a scam there. One way for them to get more of the sale I guess.
I don't know what Clickbank takes for a dormant account fee but Commission Junction takes $10 per month for their dormant fee. :(

TCoder

That's why you need to sell some "recurring" products on Clickbank - so you will never be charged a dormant fee. You will get a monthly commission every month, that will keep your account active.

All my affiliates don't have dormant account fee issues, because I offer subscription based products. Once you sell a few recurring lifetime subscriptions, you're pretty much set in terms of dormant fees.

Ben

That's why you need to sell some "recurring" products on Clickbank - so you will never be charged a dormant fee. You will get a monthly commission every month, that will keep your account active.

All my affiliates don't have dormant account fee issues, because I offer subscription based products. Once you sell a few recurring lifetime subscriptions, you're pretty much set in terms of dormant fees.
So then it doesn't matter if the recurring amounts are small as long as there is some kind of money being made by your account then they won't take the fees? Even if it's just a few bucks?

TCoder

So then it doesn't matter if the recurring amounts are small as long as there is some kind of money being made by your account then they won't take the fees? Even if it's just a few bucks?

Yes, it doesn't matter as long as their is activity. I heard a few people mention they sell something and then the money is whisked away by inactive fees because they didn't meet the disbursement requirements. As long as you understand the system, it's pretty simple. Focus on selling something with a lifetime recurring element, something easy to sell, sell a few of those, people do cancel. Run a Bing Ad or something. Once you locked in that recurring component, then experiment with the items you want to sell. The recurring component of your first sales, will keep any profits that you make while you're learning out and figuring out how to sell other products.

Another way you can do it, is find a useful product you like with a recurring element and buy it yourself, though your affiliate ID. This way you get a discount on that product and you'll keep your own account active at the same time.

Ben

Yes, it doesn't matter as long as their is activity. I heard a few people mention they sell something and then the money is whisked away by inactive fees because they didn't meet the disbursement requirements. As long as you understand the system, it's pretty simple. Focus on selling something with a lifetime recurring element, something easy to sell, sell a few of those, people do cancel. Run a Bing Ad or something. Once you locked in that recurring component, then experiment with the items you want to sell. The recurring component of your first sales, will keep any profits that you make while you're learning out and figuring out how to sell other products.

Another way you can do it, is find a useful product you like with a recurring element and buy it yourself, though your affiliate ID. This way you get a discount on that product and you'll keep your own account active at the same time.
Very nice explanation and information. Thank you.

I also didn't know that you could use advertising like Bing ads. Some of the things I was doing in the past wouldn't let you run ads like that.

Won't they ban you if you use your own affiliate ID to make purchases?

TCoder

Won't they ban you if you use your own affiliate ID to make purchases?

No, but I have a story for you.

I created a product - I put a $299 price tag on the product, because I wanted affiliates/vendors to buy the products, because they will be the only one using it. This way they get $150 back for buying it and I get the other $150. The higher price tag I thought will get vendors and affiliates to see it in the market place. Soon Clickbank is going to dis-continue the old version which is easy to program against and people who code in .NET are going to be forced to make the switch. This is the only .NET Package library for Clickbank INS. Well at least I think it's the only one. It's wasn't easy to do all the decryption in .NET and it's well worth the price tag, it will save you weeks of frustration as a .NET Coder only to be met with failure in most cases.

So what happened was this one week I was getting $300 sales left and right and they were all coming from the same 2 affiliates.

In my head I was thinking:
  1. Why would any Affiliate/Vendor buy this more then once?
  2. What silly affiliate/vendor would buy this without using their own product code?
  3. Did Clickbank just retire the old version?
Yay me, time to buy that new Tesla. Then the charge backs started to come back in. Turns out these two people were scamming peoples credit cards, then buying my $300 product, so Clickbank pays them out before the people realize the charge on their credit cards, since clickbank pays every two weeks, they get the money and run, sticking the vendor/clickbank with the fees from the Chargebacks.

So after lots of discussions with Clickbank, apparently when you have a high price item, you need to Whitelist Affiliates to prevent this sort of fraud. They have systems in place to catch the fraud, but sometimes it's too late. Now, I whitelist affiliates for all my products.

Anyway, while discussing this with Clickbank, I told them my initial intent. They said they can't prevent affiliates from buying other vendor products, they don't encourage it. But they don't take action against it, and if I want to prevent it, I need to whitelist those products.

While they were going over my accounts with me, they told me I have the highest order form conversion rate of all clickbank products. I thought that was pretty cool. They also told me a few tricks on how to get affiliates to take notice, but they are cheesy, never been inclined to do it. But I guess that's how the game is played, maybe one day.

Reactions: Ben

Ben

No, but I have a story for you.

I created a product - I put a $299 price tag on the product, because I wanted affiliates/vendors to buy the products, because they will be the only one using it. This way they get $150 back for buying it and I get the other $150. The higher price tag I thought will get vendors and affiliates to see it in the market place. Soon Clickbank is going to dis-continue the old version which is easy to program against and people who code in .NET are going to be forced to make the switch. This is the only .NET Package library for Clickbank INS. Well at least I think it's the only one. It's wasn't easy to do all the decryption in .NET and it's well worth the price tag, it will save you weeks of frustration as a .NET Coder only to be met with failure in most cases.

So what happened was this one week I was getting $300 sales left and right and they were all coming from the same 2 affiliates.

In my head I was thinking:
  1. Why would any Affiliate/Vendor buy this more then once?
  2. What silly affiliate/vendor would buy this without using their own product code?
  3. Did Clickbank just retire the old version?
Yay me, time to buy that new Tesla. Then the charge backs started to come back in. Turns out these two people were scamming peoples credit cards, then buying my $300 product, so Clickbank pays them out before the people realize the charge on their credit cards, since clickbank pays every two weeks, they get the money and run, sticking the vendor/clickbank with the fees from the Chargebacks.

So after lots of discussions with Clickbank, apparently when you have a high price item, you need to Whitelist Affiliates to prevent this sort of fraud. They have systems in place to catch the fraud, but sometimes it's too late. Now, I whitelist affiliates for all my products.

Anyway, while discussing this with Clickbank, I told them my initial intent. They said they can't prevent affiliates from buying other vendor products, they don't encourage it. But they don't take action against it, and if I want to prevent it, I need to whitelist those products.

While they were going over my accounts with me, they told me I have the highest order form conversion rate of all clickbank products. I thought that was pretty cool. They also told me a few tricks on how to get affiliates to take notice, but they are cheesy, never been inclined to do it. But I guess that's how the game is played, maybe one day.
Wow, that is something. I guess as long as you learn from all of your experiences that will make things that are done in the future easier.

So when you were talking to them were they easy to talk to?

I mean that lots of the support people that handle affiliate things are horrible to deal with from my own experience. They seem like you are bothering them.

TCoder

Wow, that is something. I guess as long as you learn from all of your experiences that will make things that are done in the future easier.

So when you were talking to them were they easy to talk to?

I mean that lots of the support people that handle affiliate things are horrible to deal with from my own experience. They seem like you are bothering them.

I never had a problem, I just pick and call the vendor line. Maybe they talk differently to me, because I actually have sales and a good product. I know they can see all my different accounts, they have them linked. It's silly because you need different accounts to brand different products. I don't have to call them often, only at first when I was setting up products and my accounts the way I wanted them set up.

It works for me, see the attach screenshot of one of my accounts/products this morning.

Attachments