Advertising your affiliate links in an email?

easytake456

When you have a decent subscribers in your list, have you ever included an affiliate link to a product you are promoting?
Do you take time to shorten the link so that they will not know it's a promoted product or will you tell your list that it is a site you are affiliating with?

Dean

As a general practice I do not include affiliate links in any emails that I send out to my email lists. I will include links to my websites that have reviews, guides or other information about affiliate products and on those web pages I have my affiliate links.

This method has worked out better for me and I have even done testing and found that my earnings and responses are much better by using this method.

Cheers, Dean.

eMonetize

I would use a redirect and not put your actual affiliate link in an email.

I promote a lot of CPA offers and also work direct with advertisers as an affiliate. Every network and advertiser I have ever worked with requires you to use a redirect and not put their link directly in an email.

ulterios

Like @Dean and @eMonetize stated above, it's not a good idea to put affiliate links themself right in the email. Use a redirect, put a link to an article or review or something else and don't put them in the email themself.

Putting affiliate links in emails is a quick way to have people lose interest in your mailings, unsubscribe, get in trouble with the affiliate company or something along those lines.

There are much better ways to get people to see what you are wanting them to see. ;)