A tablet is better than a laptop?

flukmani

Just curious and want to have comparisons before deciding to buy a tablet or a laptop.

According to you, which is better for your works, A tablet or a laptop?

nesito29

Just curious and want to have comparisons before deciding to buy a tablet or a laptop.

Well, it's really impossible to advise you with this, after all I don't know your needs but, let me give you a bit of advise from my perspective.

Your question is Which is better a Laptop or a Tablet?
ANS: Laptop. The answer is incredibly simple, as of today there is no Tablet in the market that has enough power to overcome a Laptop hence a Laptop is the better choice.

Now there are many things to consider, like:
What do you need it for?
Will you be taking it outside a lot?
Do you need to run any software?
Will you be making presentations with it (like webinars not power point or keynote)?

If you say yes to everything but the software part I'd go with the tablet, if you need to run software and it doesn't have an app you'll need a laptop. I personally have my iPad and I take it everywhere, since it's very light and small I take it with me and use it when I have to. I also have my laptop, I usually leave it at home unless I'm traveling in which case I take both with me, I run software for some campaigns and I like to have more power to play with.

That's in my case. But, your's is different. Tell us what you need it for and we can provide better advise :)

I've considered getting one of those hybrids, unfortunately there were a lot of factors that prevented me from doing so. Right now there is no "Tablet" that is capable of the processing power of most laptops. I have never been an Apple fan, so that goes out the window. I love Android devices, and I've used an Android tablet before, but for my needs, I always find myself putting the thing down and going back to using my Laptop.

Microsoft ATTEMPTED to advance in the tablet world with the development of the Surface. Unfortunately, in the attempts of coming near the capabilities of a laptop they broke the #1 rule of the Tablet industry, and that rule is "Thinner is better". I picked up a Surface, and not only was the thing heavy, but also bulky..

In the end, I'll stick with my Acer laptop and my Custom PC. Call me old-school, but until I see something that truly revolutionizes the industry, I don't see myself switching any time soon.

RDO Servers

I need the processing power of a laptop, and wish so badly that someone will come out with a tablet that is truly powerful enough to replace a laptop. I'm sure it will happen soon.

But is still goes back to what your needs are. If you need something for participating in forums, sending email, checking analytics, and running SEO reports, you will be fine on a tablet.

Hostlumina

I was actually having this dilemma couple of weeks ago. As my work laptop was starting to show signs of death...

At the end for me it became about what I was going to use it and what i needed it for.... I ended up getting a laptop + a Surface Pro.

I needed something that was portable for when traveling but i also needed something with processing speed + decent screen size. I couldn't find something in between.

I did consider the "tranform" laptops however the majority of the reviews always ended up with faulty screens on arrival or couple of days later.

Laptop - Use it for work as primary + moving it around when working around town.
Surface - When traveling. So much easier than carrying around a laptop bag for quick e-mails or word processing on the go. Also great for presentations.

Reactions: ims

elcidofaguy

If you're spending a lot of time using the keyboard or need to use a lot of desktop type apps such as office, word, excel as well as programming environments then its a no brainer ... You'll be needing a laptop for sure...

I will say tablets definitely have have their uses such as whilst being on the move.... With that in mind I do recommend that you get an app that can synchronize all of your devices data e.g. between mobile, tablet, laptop etc - with regards to any data relating to work... For that I use evernote..

Allenafaith

For me a laptop is better. there is more that I can do plus I like having a keyboard rather than touch screen because it is hard to type on a tablet without the keyboard especially if you don't have a case to hold it up.

Dean

A laptop will be much better to use for working because you can do more work related tasks and it's also a lot easier to do many different things over a tablet.

A tablet would be better for playing games or other entertainment purposes and some occasional working but for a dedicated work device, it's not the better choice over a laptop.

Cheers, Dean.

Argus

A laptop is much better for working. The tablets have many limitations are are not as easy to do many things that are easy on a laptop or desktop. I would not choose a tablet for my work duties but for fun and entertainment.

ulterios

If you are looking to do work tasks then a laptop will be a better choice. Tablets are fine and actually great for some things but for working on they aren't the best choice.

You will be much happier working from a laptop, trust me because I have been down this road and done quite a bit of work from a tablet.

Tablets just are not the best choice for do work! ;)

Ana

If it is for working then I would like a laptop much better. It is easier to work with and typing is much easier.

Maria Marketing

I also think that a laptop will be much better than a tablet for working. Whilst I do think that you can do most work from a tablet I do think that it will be easier to get more work done faster with a laptop.

You can still use a tablet for work if you are out of town or traveling with someone though. It can help you get some things done at times when you normally wouldn't be able to as easily with a regular laptop. :)

KeralMTG

A laptop is much better for doing your work. I have tried to do some work for my classes on a tablet and it is not very easy sometimes. I try to use a tablet for games and things like those. My laptop works much better for work so I think they are better for that than a tablet.

Catherine1

I love my tablet but my laptop is so much easier to do work from, especially doing any typing. I have a keyboard for my tablet but it really isn't the same. Tablets are good for portability but for working I would prefer to have a laptop for that.

Ellen F

I really don't think that a tablet would be better than a laptop for doing your work on. There are many things that tablets are great at but for many of the working tasks a laptop would probably be more productive.

Ben

I tried working on a tablet and it doesn't really work out too well. I kept trying to type on the screen and kept hitting the wrong letters since the keys are so small. I tried an external keyboard for it but that really isn't much better. I'd go for a laptop or desktop for doing work any day.